My slipstream novel, The Waters of Nyr, was published this fall by Sam’s Dot Publishing. I’m currently working on the sequel, and expect to have it “done” sometime this summer. So on to the contest. . .
If you’ve read The Waters of Nyr (available in both print and e-version from samsdotpublishing.com as well as other distributors, such as Smashwords.com, Amazon.com, and Barnesandnoble.com), and if you’re even slightly familiar with my Boortean universe (but you don’t have to be, reading The Waters of Nyr will catapult you to a quadrant of it), then this is the contest for you! In approximately 250-300 words (give or take a few), tell me about yourself and how you would fit into this novel series.
Here are just a few questions to get you started!
1. What is it about you that would put you on the Boortean mindgrid?
2. Do you have a business that might double as a Boortean safehouse?
3. Have you ever knowingly (or unknowingly) dated a citizen of the Boortean or other planetary system?
4. Would you make a lovely foil to one of my characters? If so, which one(s) and why?
5. Because I love odd numbers. . .Would who you are and what you bring to the game expand the plot to the four corners of the universe and beyond?
6. Are you a scientist? Politically savvy? How might your theories and praxis impact the current scheme of things?
7. And because I really love odd numbers. . .Would you cast yourself as a Hauran (i.e., from Earth) or another planet from the Boortean cosmogony?
I’m looking forward to reading your submissions – and yes, you would also receive a copy of the novel! Then there’s the matter of the standard release forms, the blood typing, the gene scanning, and a debriefing session at an indeterminate location.
The contest begins now, and will end on the first day of spring.
The Boortean Ambassador to Haura